A Coastal Decision Maker is anyone makes decisions about coastal resources in a professional or volunteer capacity. The Coastal Training Program exists to support decision-makers to apply science in their decisions that affect natural resources. The North Inlet-Winyah Bay CTP operates in Horry and Georgetown Counties, SC.
The Coastal Training Program was created to serve local audiences and local needs. Training is based on local case studies whenever possible. In 2021, the North Inlet-Winyah Bay conducted a formal survey of coastal decision makers, the results of which are available as a report. A 2-pager summarizing the full report is available here.
A 2007 Needs Assessment of Decision Makers in Coastal SC Counties is available here.
Training Needs Assessment of Coastal Decision Makers in Horry and Georgetown Counties,
Example Training Audiences
- Elected/Appointed Officials
- Municipal Staff (Planners, Public Works, Stormwater Departments, etc.)
- State agency personnel
- State and regional professional associations
- Land Developers and Owners
- Engineers, Architects, Designers, and Landscapers
- Non-Profit staff
- Coastal Business professionals and associations
- Anyone whose decisions impact coastal natural resources!
Coastal Traing Program Pages
Latest Coastal Training Program News
Wetlands are a prominent feature on the South Carolina coastal landscape. Wetland is an umbrella term and encompasses many different types of habitat. A tour
Coastal Training Program Contact